Experienced, Compassionate and Highly Motivated Staff.
Our Staff Training Requirements
At Safe and Sound Youth Transportation, Inc., our focus is providing Safe, Caring and Reliable Transportation and Travel Aide Services for at-risk youth requiring travel assistance, chaperone and/or escort. All of us at Safe and Sound Youth Transportation are seasoned travelers.
Based on your individual needs, we are able to provide hard-working and experienced Transportation staff to include Registered Nurses, Certified Nurse Assistants, Teachers, Licensed Social Workers, Military Police and local active or retired/off-duty law enforcement agents, to name some. Because of the diverse qualifications of our staff, we are able to provide staffing on a 'best-match' system, based on the specific needs of each student.
All of our staff have at the very minimum, a HS Diploma or equivalent, while most have varying college experience; from some college, through to advanced degrees.
Additionally, the minimum pre-employment training standards that each of our staff must comply with consists of the following:
- CPR: Must recieve initial 4 hour training and recertify annually thereafter.
- First-Aid: Must recieve initial 4 hour training and recertify bi-annually thereafter.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention: Must recieve initial 24 hour training course and recertify annually thereafter. This training has several names, but each training must include the basics of Crisis De-escalation, Anger Management, Suicide Awareness and Prevention, Conflict Resolution, and Non-Restrictive Physical Restraints when deemed absolutely necessary. (If client is at risk of hurting self or others)
- Criminal Background Clearance: Each of our staff has submitted to a Criminal Background Clearance, Driving record review, as well as a thorough Child Abuse/Neglect Screening.
- Passports: Most of us have passports, if traveling to a foreign country should be necessary.
Special Qualities of Our Staff
We have been fortunate to be able to put together such a multi-talented and experienced team, many of whom have worked together in the past, and most for many years. Some of the special qualities of our staff are listed below:
- Experience with at-risk youth
- Experienced Travelers
- Multi-lingual (up to 5 languages)